Welcome to our Online Home!
Thank you for considering us to manage your Dauphin Island property. Your home is both an emotional and financial investment and we strive to never lose sight of that. We work FOR OUR HOMEOWNERS and take time the understand the goals of philosophies of each as so that we can treat your home the way you want it managed. It is a privilege to work in the trust of others and one we find great satisfaction in.
We Know the Market Places
We pride ourselves on having the most visible and efficient Internet marketing of any Dauphin Island vacation rental company. In addition to featuring your property on our own websites, we also feature your vacation rentals on some of the most popular national websites, such as VRBO, Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia and numerous subsidiary sites. We spend the time to optimize your placement in each of these market places and get our properties to the first page. All of this is included in our commission. You will never be charged for a listing on an online channel. You have already paid us to do this. We operate at full blast as a business philosophy. We will put our results to test against anyone.
More importantly, we are the Market Place. We accomplish this by using our internet domain reputation to land in the first spot on Google searches! People who know nothing about the island, start at our site when researching their dream vacation on our secluded island.
You can get in touch with us with ease. Our phones are staffed 7 days a week, and you can also, call, text or email me, the owner of Dauphin Island Beach Rentals any time you have a question. People ask me what it is like to work for myself and I tell them you never work for yourself. I work for you, my owners and our guest to deliver value on both sides.
You can see your bookings online at any time using our owner portal. You will also receive detailed electronic statements and reliable direct deposits.
Happy guests are your success. We set the stage with a warm and friendly staff that helps guests plan their vacations. We monitor our guest survey results and know that we are setting the stage for great guest experiences. We follow up the shopping experience with standardized communications that give the guests what they need, when they need it. Lastly, we do what no one else does, we check on our guests. We greet every guest at your property on every Sunday. This gives us a chance to respond to any needs as quickly as we can also make sure you property is likewise being treated respectfully. Again, we are working the middle ground to make sure we are taking care of our owners and our guests.
Investments in our Collective Success
It would be easy to be trapped by complacency, give the success we have enjoyed, but that is not our nature. We are always asking ourselves how to improve and here’s what we’re up to now:
- Piloting an access control technology giving you confidence to know who is in your house and when they are in it. This includes electronic locks with unique codes for every guest and ever user. Guest codes are only active during their reservation. The lock is purchased by us and provided to you at no charge.
- Piloting an energy management program to protect your HVAC equipment an control your energy costs. This optional program will change your set points automatically if doors are left open, which helps with energy waste and prevents frozen coils and service calls. Additionally, it will automatically change your set points when the property is vacant to eliminate unnecessarily cooling an empty house.
- Are you an amateur marketer (or professional one)? Do you enjoy promoting your property on the Facebook page you made yourself? We can integrate with your efforts, use promotional codes that are only applicable to your property and provide you conversion results on any marketing you do for your property. For many or our owners, this is part of the fun of contributing to their own success and helping create the reputation and personality that they desire for their property. If this is not your interest, no worries, we still have you covered!
- Every time we find a new way to be accessible to shoppers, we are investing in technology and training. We can be accessed by an 800 number, our website, by texting our 800 number, by chat and of course by phone. The best way to drive business is to be accessible and responsive. We look for every advantage available and will continue to do so.
- We are data junkies. We know how to price your property and how to manipulate every lever available us. We purchase the data to know what the market is doing. While we could use our own data, and most companies do, we believe the wold is bigger than us. We buy the data to monitor pricing and occupancy for all of Dauphin Island, Fort Morgan, Gulf Shores and Pensacola. We know we are good because we are always comparing ourselves to the market and data doesn’t lie. We can tune our strategies and detect changes in the market so that always have your positioned in to maximize your rent potential. Sometimes you make more money by lowering your price and sometimes by raising it, this shouldn’t be done by some sort of “gut feel”. This is done with data and we have it.
- We have done the research, we know which pricing algorithms produce the greatest results. If you are a fan of dynamic pricing, like what hotels and airlines use, we’ve done the work for you and can enroll you in our dynamic pricing algorithms. Again, this is at no charge to you.
Understand your goals and philosophy
Each owner is different, and that’s just perfect. Our goal is to understand your goals. Many of our initial conversations with you will include:
- Maximize rent or make a little and enjoy your beach house?
- At what point does it not make sense to rent it? Do you rent all year or close shop in the winter? Do you like the idea of monthly rentals in winter? Depending on the particular property, this may or may not be optimal and we can help you determine that.
- Repair or replace? How to you like to approach keeping a place maintained.
- Cleaning strategies. Do you want to do your own deep cleans or want us to handle them? If us, 2 or 3 times a year?
This ongoing calibration happens by us getting to know each other. We look forward to understanding your philosophy making you a happy customer too.
Excellence and Integrity
We are committed to serving our Owners and Guests with excellence and integrity. We do this through a very simple and transparent business model. We charge a commission and deliver value. It’s a simple approach. There are two places this stands out:
- Work Orders. You can see the active work orders for your property at any time by going on the owner’s portal. You can see what we are responding to and what we are doing about it. We take the time to describe the problem and solution. You don’t have to be in the dark or property maintenance.
- Damage Waivers. Every company sells damage insurance, yet it seems like a piggy bank that is never broken sometimes. We believe in simple common sense interpretations to guest damages. This works for you. If the coffee pot is broken, we don’t have to leave the guest with a bad taste in their mouth, we pay for it and move on. If the damage can not be assigned to a particular guest, does it really matter? Not to us, if we find a hidden piece of artwork that was broken by a guest, and we can’t be sure which guest broke it, you still get a new piece of artwork. This isn’t to say wear and tear is covered, but we have the conversation with you and we go from there. We would be happy to share examples of this. At the end of the day, we care about your property and play a critical role in the well being of it.
Please Connect Today!
We get carried away talking about this stuff because we are motivated, committed and a bit nerdy about doing it right. Give us a call and ask for me, Adam, the owner. Let’s talk and I’ll better explain why we are good at what we do. We are never pushy and honestly enjoy the conversations. Hope to hear from you.
Adam Johnson, Dauphin Island Beach Rentals